My sister-in-law is British....this recipe calls for single cream but I can't find it. Of course, I have only looked at Kroger and Wal-Mart. Who has time to hit several stores? Anyway, I just use whipping cream and it is delicious and simple.....
Here it is....
2 TBL butter
2 TBL plain flour
2/3 C. milk
2 cartons single cream (237 ml each)
250 g extra tasty mature cheddar cheese (grated)
pasta (5 small hand fulls)
1 tomato (optional)
- Cook pasta in boiling water.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter and add the flour slowly
- Add the milk and single cream slowly, stirring all the time. Then add the cheddar cheese, but keep some for sprinkle.
- Mix the cook pasta and put in baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining grated cheese on to together with slice tomato.
- Cook in oven for about 25 minutes at 180 degrees celcius. (370 F.)
Thank you, Esther for serving us this while we were visiting in Singapore!! It is a new family favorite!