Monday, March 15, 2010

Dad

Have you seen the movie Everybody's Fine? I just did on Sunday afternoon on my AA flight home to Dallas after my first New York trip (details on that in another entry). The Dad in that movie has SO many of the same characteristics and personality traits as my Dad......independent, hard working, tough on the outside but tender on the inside, dedicated, smart....well, you just need to see the movie. Anyway, we lost my Dad suddenly several years ago and so here I am smushed into my middle seat bawling like a baby during this incredibly good movie. Maybe it wasn't that great, maybe I just liked it so much because I related so much of it to my father.......but it really touched me. I miss him.


On the beach in Florida. One of his favorite places to be.... Christmas in Flower Mound....my mother in law was visiting us too.My Dad alway drank a lot of water so he always had a glass going but my mother in law kept picking it up and cleaning it. He started hiding it behind picture frames so she wouldn't find it...funny!
He LOVED his granddaughters!


1 comment:

bridget {bake at 350} said...

Oh, what a sweet post! I've really been wanting to see that movie but have been putting it off because I feel a bawl fest coming on.

That is too funny about him hiding his water glass! ;)