Wednesday, September 10, 2008

September 11th

I was at the local high school homecoming parade
tonight and I couldn't help thinking of tomorrow and
the memory of the terrible tragedy that struck
our country.



Do you remember where you were and what you were doing when you heard what had happened? My husband and I were at home watching teletubbies with our toddlers. We received a call from my mother to inform us to turn on the news. At that point, we didn't fully understand the ramifications.It was so surreal....it couldn't have happened. I still have trouble believing that it did today. How could there be so much hate in the world? How are the families who lost loved ones surviving this day? I know it has changed my life and my job......
I wish the families who were directly touched by this tragedy love, hope and happiness. I know this day must be incredibly hard for them each and every year that passes. I am going to take some time to say an extra pray for them and to thank God for my safety, my family and my friends.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Ditto--we are so lucky to live in such a great country !!

Bridget said...

Nice post, Terri!

We were watching Bob the Builder and Molly called asking if we were watching the Today Show. We turned it on just to see the 2nd plane hit. I remember Mark saying something like, "They're not finished yet"...he was right...the Pentagon and flight 93 to come.

I remember being really scared all of the time...I actually crouched under the dining room table with Jack in my arms a couple of times when I heard low flying planes. Yeah...that's going to help! My heart just goes out to all of those people directly affected. I can't believe it was 7 years ago.

On a much lighter note, I like the Ireland picture above, too. :)