Thursday, September 4, 2008

Bento box lunch

This is my first attempt at a bento box lunch. The girls were really keen on the idea. I am hoping it will open our options for lunches and persuade my picky eater to try more things. I found out about this kind of meal from someone's blog (I can't remember whose) and I really liked it! I have since tried to find the original blog that this was posted on with no luck. I did save http://justbento.com/ which has great info and recipes. This is just some leftover chicken from the grill, japenese sticky rice, baby carrots and strawberries. If you investigate on the web, you will see some elaborate lunches made by japenese mothers. I guess it can get really competitive. My hats are off to these girls. I just used plastic containers and not official "bento boxes" for my first try. Maybe if my travels take me to Japan, I can pick up some fun boxes. We'll see what the reviews are when the girls get home.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Looks yummy--I bet even the "picky" eater ate all her lunch today

Bridget said...

Those are so fun!!! I'll bet the other kids sitting at their lunch table were jealous!

When I worked at a preschool in Alabama (for 3 months :)!) several of the students were Japanese and they had the most beautiful lunches! It was really neat to see these 18 month olds eating rice balls, salmon, edamame....

Terri said...

I need to learn how to make rice balls....it can get very elaborate. Don't know if I have time for that.

Par said...

Glad to see another bento blogger.